EBHS is a free 6-month program that provides Black, Latino, & Native American rising juniors (class of 2019) with mentors, tools, and resources to complete a competitive UC college application and the opportunity to get a close, personal look at UC Berkeley.
Experience Berkeley High School Program Information
What are the Program’s Requirements?
- Students must self-identify as Black, Latino, or Native American
- Apply as a high school junior (3rd year / incoming senior)
- Must consider UC Berkeley among your top 3 college choices
- Have an overall unweighted 3.5 GPA or higher
- Attend a California High School
- Fill out our Program Application
What are the Benefits of Enrolling in the Program?
- UC application & personal statement assistance
- Feedback on personal statements from UC Berkeley admissions officers
- One-on-One Mentorship from UCB undergraduate students
- Scholarship/Housing/Major Resources
- Insight on College Student and Campus Life
Where and When will the Summer/Fall Workshops take place?
- Workshop 1 (2 day workshop): Friday, July 20th, 2018 (12-5pm) and Saturday, July 21st, 2018 (10-4:30pm) at UC Berkeley
- Housing/Transportation: On-campus housing will be provided for students from SoCal. However, you will be responsible for transportation to and from UC Berkeley for Workshop #1.
- SoCal students who are unable to attend Workshop #1 at UC Berkeley may attend a make-up workshop on Saturday July, 14th 2018 from (10-4:30pm) at Santa Monica college.
- Workshop 2: Saturday, August 11th, 2018 (10-4:30pm) at Santa Monica Community College
- Workshop 3: Saturday, October 13th, 2018 (10-4:30pm) at Santa Monica Community College
When is the Application Due?
- The 2018 Application is due on Wednesday April 18th, 2018.
- Letters of Recommendation may be submitted as an attachment with your application or sent by email to email@example.com .
To Apply, click here.